We are still loving all of our apples so I thought I would whip up a quick caramel sauce to go with them. You can either dip apples in as a whole or slice up apples and pour some sauce over the top of your apples, either way is quite yummy. Makes 2.5 mason jars.
- 1 cup salted butter (can use unsalted, just add more salt in)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 – 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 dash salt (I used sea salt)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- bring all ingredients except vanilla to a boil, stir to keep from clumping
- Allow to boil at medium to low heat until it reaches between 246-247 degrees
- add vanilla
- cool to 210 degrees, stir occasionally.
- turn off heat and allow to cool the rest of the way, store in mason jars and place in the fridge.
- if you choose to dip your apples, skip the mason jar step, apply popsicle sticks into apples, dip into caramel sauce and allow to cool on wax paper