Having your own garden is amazing and we are reaping the benefits this week from it. The overgrowth of tomatoes, basil, onions and cucumbers are amazing! I feel like the cucumber lady, I harvested 14 this weekend! I am going to have to come up with all different types of cucumber recipes. I mean what does one do with 14 cucumbers? Suggestions, anyone? Well last week when my mother in law was in town we bought a ton of bell peppers at Sam’s Club and had a few leftover. We aren’t huge pepper eaters so I tend to stuff them. I grow them in my garden but they aren’t big enough to stuff yet. Anyways stuffed peppers are easy to make and are great to make ahead. the next post will be about homemade tomato sauce which I used in this recipe.
- 4 bell peppers cleaned
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 lb of ground beef
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- spices: rosemary, sea salt and ground pepper
- cook rice according to package (2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice, boil water, add rice and then cook until water is gone)
- cook ground beef in a skillet until cooked through 80% of the way then drain.
- add seasonings
- mix rice, ground beef and tomato sauce together
- spread sauce on the bottom of your pan to prevent sticking
- fill peppers 3/4 of the way
- top with cheese
- bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are soft.