Wow, this week has just flown by and somehow it’s already Saturday night. Where does the time go when caring for a newborn? Any who, Jellybean is growing like crazy (almost a month old) and let me cook today so that was nice. Todays lunch of the week is Lasagna. Most of the supplies I had laying around the house: noodles, Italian sausage, rosemary (from the garden), pasta sauce, garlic and onion. Just had to buy cheese, ricotta cheese and mushrooms. I think that’s everything! I like lasagna, you can make it in large quantities and it freezes nicely. I cut my slices rather large to serve 8 but I have been able to serve 12 out of it.
- 1 box lasagna noodles (I picked whole wheat)
- 1 lb of Italian sausage
- 1 pkg whole mushrooms, diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1.5 pkgs of shredded mozzarella
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- cook noodles according to box
- dice mushrooms, onions and rosemary and set aside
- brown Italian sausage
- once browned add mushrooms, onions and rosemary and cook for 3-4 minutes
- spread sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 pan
- sauce in pan
- ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese, repeat from noodles on….
Cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
I choose two veggies to serve it with. The cucumbers came from our garden!
Enjoy your lasagna and let me know if you made any moderations!